- Fri, Feb 26Online via Winterfest and Mall of The ArtsEnter for your chance to win a breath taking Photo Taken by Andre Brandt Photography, taken at Cranberry Portage MB! Photograph is 20 x 30 coatValued at $685.00. Tickets are 1 for $5 - 3 for $10 and 8 for $20! Get yours now and support programs at Mall of The Arts with your proceeds! Thank YOU!!
- Fri, Feb 26City of Thompson WebsiteCheck us out at winterfest online this year hosted by the City of Thompson! Check back to find out how you can get into our raffle draw for a gorgeous framed painting by Andre Brandt Photography!! All proceeds go to Mall if The Arts to bring you more events for this year!
- Time is TBDLocation is TBDSo guess what? Today, we get to invite a new member to our team! An artist as well as our new documentarian will be compiling stories of Artists throughout Northern Manitoba. Welcome and Thank You Andre Brandt, from "Andre Brandt Photography" Video release date TBA- EVENT SUSPENDED Due to Covid19
- January 9th and January 16th 2021ZoomJoin the fun of learning the art of theatre with new friends who love to act, just like you! Build your acting skills through drama games, character exercises, improvisation, and acting out stories. Course runs 6 weeks on Saturdays. Find your age group to register free.
- January 23 & January 30 2021ZoomGet up and move your body in this fun, inclusive, introduction to dance. Move and groove to your favorite songs while learning hip hop and jazz technique. Once per week on Saturday. Find your age group to register. Thompson kids meet Flin Flon kids online on Saturdays!
Mall of The Arts
Embrace the Experience of The North
Mall of The Arts aims to spread the message of hope, community and confidence through the artistic expression of our Northern Artists. We believe in the healing power of artistic expression and to witness art in its many forms is equally important. We also believe that a single action can make a difference in the community, and that collective action can greatly impact the world!
Who We Are
A Distinct Identity
Here at Mall of The Arts, we are driven by a single goal; To make the world a better place through our communities' artistic contributions. We strive to build productive relationships and make a positive impact with all of our pursuits. Mall of the Arts will be a nonprofit organization and you can contact us to learn more about how you can become involved or make a donation.
Making A Difference
Mall of The Arts is in the business of changing and shaping lives. The work we do at our Arts Organization is aimed at providing a holistic approach to solving some of our society’s biggest challenges. We make sure our partners are empowered by creating opportunities for individuals and communities.
Shorty's Upcycling Studio
With our organization’s mission always in mind, Shorty's Upcycling Studio strives to educate people on how to preserve our land through the art of Upcycling. Upcycling is a form of recycling, by which scrap materials are transformed into beautiful artistic and often times functional peices. Visit the online gallery on order to get a glimpse into what this looks like.
Culture Beats Cafe & Workshop
At Mall of The Arts, we strive to continue to learn through many art forms including culinary arts. Our Cafe will open itself up to various cultures through our breakfast and lunch selections. While still embracing traditional Canadian baked treats, it will truly be an infusion of taste and art. Our Workshops are facilitated by leaders of different cultural backgrounds, guiding our food artists through Prep, cooking and serving these delicious dishes. Our team will continue their education in the art of serving, by taking external cooking classes by experts from around the Country. Our goal with Culture Beats Workshops, is to infuse pride in our many people with many backgrounds, and increase peoples knowledge and experience with Foods from around the world. We are always striving to make a difference, and invite you to learn more and join in on the experience!
With this initiative, we invite local community artisans to come and represent their arts. If you can somehow imagine Art Gallery fused with Farmers Market you'll visualize this concept!
Various Artists of many forms will rent a space to showcase their works for a contracted amount of time. This gives our community artists a chance to get out in front of a public forum, and speak to the public about their work. It also gives the public, a chance to see how many to art forms we in the North have to offer. From photography, painters, woodworkers, pottery, jewelry, leather bead works and many many more! This part of the center will truly make you feel like you are walking down the "Mall of the Arts"
North Grand Theatre of the Arts
With our organization’s mission always in mind, we strive to find activities for the youth in our community to participate in. And while our focus will be to have young people involved in this area, we will also showcase concerts and performances from around the Country on the same stage. North Grand Theatre of the Arts, will host numerous activities including Music, Dance and Drama. Through live performances and personable workshops, It will be a place to preform and watch, a place to practice and a place to learn. Contact us to learn more about our commitment to this area of preformance art.
With this initiative, our goal is to promote great opportunities for local artists. With access to the right resources, people can become empowered by their own abilities and gain the confidence to fulfill their potential. Learn more about our work by getting in touch with our team today.
Would you like to support our efforts?
“Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do”